1. Installing the yellow safety handrail on car maintenance platforms in the future Mid-Day Storage Yard.
2. Removing a boulder from an underpinning pit on the east side of the 39th Street Bridge.
3. Air rotary drill driving mini piles for a new approach structure west of the 39th St. Bridge.
4. Amtrak workers installing new catenary spans and bell suspenders as part of ongoing improvements in Harold Interlocking. These improvements have an immediate impact on train service through the interlocking.
5. Pouring concrete to support a soldier pile in Harold Interlocking.
6. Installing a rail turnout just north of the Personnel Bridge in the Mid-Day Storage Yard. This yard will be used for train maintenance and storage during off-peak hours.
7. Installing the inner casing of a mini pile that will support a new approach structure in Harold Interlocking.
8. Application of aluminum ceiling finish panels near the 46th Street escalator wellway in the passenger concourse.
For more photos and images, please visit the East Side Access project page on AModernLI.com – //www.amodernli.com/project/east-side-access/.