Construction of the LIRR Expansion Project from Floral Park to Hicksville is well underway. As part of this Project, MTACC/LIRR have developed a series of environmental and community commitments in coordination with Project-adjacent communities to minimize construction-related impacts. MTACC/LIRR have established the Design-Builder Incentive Program, a monetary fund to incentivize 3rd Track Constructors (3TC), the Project’s Design-Builder, to adhere to these commitments.
The LIRR Expansion Project team invites residents in Project-adjacent communities to participate in the Design-Builder Incentive Program by providing their input on 3TC’s performance during the fourth quarter of 2018 (October 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018). This feedback helps determine whether 3TC earns the incentive payment for this quarter and is instrumental in improving construction techniques, as well as project communications and outreach efforts.
A Community Scorecard is being mailed to all homes within approximately 400 feet of a project element. Anyone living outside this radius is invited to complete the Community Scorecard either online or at a nearby repository. The Community Scorecard is available online at the following link: //www.surveymonkey.com/r/4Q2018CommunityScorecardGeneric. Hard copies are available at the following community facilities:
- Floral Park Village Hall, 1 Floral Boulevard, Floral Park
- New Hyde Park Village Hall, 1420 Jericho Turnpike, New Hyde Park
- Community Information Center, 114 Old Country Road, Mineola
- Garden City Village Hall, 351 Stewart Avenue, Garden City
- North Hempstead Town Hall, 220 Plandome Road, Manhasset
- Westbury Village Clerk, 235 Lincoln Place, Westbury
- “Yes We Can” Community Center, 141 Garden Street, New Cassel